Monday, July 21, 2008

Brady is home with Mom!

BABY BRADY IS HOME AND HEALTHY.....
Brady and I were discharged today from the hospital and everything is going well. He is a healthy little boy now. It was very scary in the beginning but we were always reassured from the beginning that he would be just fine. Its always scary though when they say they will have to admit him to the NICU! He progressed quickly everyday and after the lung steriod his grunting noises stopped and then he had to learn to eat. We are just so thankful that he turned the corner quicker then what they were saying at first. At first they were telling us up to 3 weeks which I was a basketcase because I couldn't imagine leaving the hospital without him. I also couldn't hold him for the first 2 days which killed me too.
He is a good baby. He hardly cries. Everyone in the NICU called him PIGGY because he was so big compared to the other little babies in there. They rarely get a 8 pound 2 ounce baby!
I'm going to try to post some pictures but I'm still on drugs so my mind isn't totally together, so not sure if I can do this yet or not, but thanks to all for your calls, prayers and thoughts. We are so blessed to have a wonderful family that has helped us out tremendously and friends who are constantly calling and checking on us so thanks for all of those phone calls. We will do another update soon when I feel better.
Sonia and Brady

6 comments:

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

YEAH!!!! Wonderful news! Glad to hear all is going well. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jessica 7 said...

Stay on your drugs - I can imagine how painful it is to recover from all that!

You did a great job - well done!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

We are so happy you and Brady are home!!! Great job and just keep taking those drugs for a few more days. You've been through so much.
We're thinking of you. Love and prayers...Janet & Terry too

ConnecticutUre's said...

I am so glad to hear that you both are well and home!!! Can't wait to see the pictures and see who he looks like.

Love you all!!
The Ure's

Nelson Nitwits said...

Yeah! We are so happy for you!! Brady looks just like your family! Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. I was separated from Hyrum in the NICU too. No fun! I'm glad you're all together again. Gotta love the drugs!!!! Let me know when you're up to talking.
-Genevieve